10 million people had become homeless and nearly two million houses had been destroyed across 14 districts in the state.
More than 300,000 people have taken refuge in about 1,000 relief camps
The death toll rose to 194 in Karnataka alone
200,000 to 300,000 people in villages where aid has not reached
Bijapur, Bagalkote, Raichur, Koppal and Gulbarga districts remain the worst affected. In Bijapur alone, more than 17 villages are marooned and over 10,000 people have been left homeless.
Sewa vibhag Karnataka Relief Efforts
Bagalkot : 150
Beneficiaries in various districts
Bagalkot : 4500
RSS workers distributed rice, biscuits, toast and other food supplies that had been brought from Chikkaballapur, the villagers scrambled, jostling children, the elderly and the.
A RSS team distributed food provisions to some flood victims of Poinguinim on Sunday.
14 lakh people are affected by the flash floods of Krishna & Tungabhadra Rivers that has devastated Kurnool & Mahaboob Nagar Districts. Seva Bharati & RSS Volunteers were the first to reach out for the Rescue Operation. Following are the service details as on 5th October.
Kurnool District :
- Breakup of Swayamsevaks rushed to Rescue operation of Kurnool District :
Athamakur : 30 and Other Villages : 200 Kurnool surrounding villages : 200
Total 990 Swayamsevaks serving in Kurnool District.
- Out of 29 affected surrounding villages of Kurnool Town we have so far reached out to 20 villages.
- Rescued 1000 people from old city of Kurnool by using ropes.
- 5 Health Camps running round the clock.
- In Kurnool district we have so far distributed 5 lakh Chapatis, 3 lakh water packets, 1 lakh Biscuit packets, 2 lakh Bread packets.
- At Mantralayam food camps and health Camps are Running round the Clock. Cremation of unidentified bodies and burial of dead cows is ongoing. We have so far distributed Rs.One Lakh worth of Blankets, Rs. One Lakh Worth of Clothes, One Lakh Pulihora Packets.
- 1000 Swayamsevaks rushed to Rescue operation of Mahaboob Nagar District.
- Service is carried out in 50 villages of 10 mandals.
- In Mahaboob Nagar District we have so far distributed 30,000 Food Packets, 5 Lakh Water Packets, 20,000 Jowar Roti Packets, 50,000 Chapathi Packets, 20,000 Bread packets, 1 lakh Biscuit packets and Rs. 70,000 worth of Medicines.
- As per survey done 0n 5th October, in Mahaboob Nagar district alone 16,000 families are homeless, It is estimated that the basic survival kit costs as below.
- Cooking utensils Rs. 450-00
- Provisions (Rice, Dal, Tamarind etc) Rs. 600-00
- Blanket and Mat Rs. 150-00
- The total cos of survival kit for 16,000 families is Rs. 1.92 Crores